Thursday, 17 March 2005

so I have a minute or three :)

Just cos you're all so patient, I'll update this thing quickly :)

Yes, our friend DND was walked shortly after his test.  Course of events, roughly as follows *grin*

- internal first interview test which he apparently did quite well on
- internal second interview questions which he did better than I thought on, but still really bad, especially compared to someone with no real production experience.  His took over an hour .. the other guys we've done the questions on took an hour including the HR type questions!   Good sign right there :P

So, me, my manager, my manager's manager and our HR manager all sat down and had a chat.  Sure enough we had a concensus that he just didn't do well enough.

I'll leave a few details out here because they're really not necessary, but suffice to say that upon gathering his personal effects, we came upon a copy of my cheat sheet for the second interview questions.  ie, questions and answers.  If the decision hadn't been made at that point, that was the final straw really.  He'd taken the one copy that was ever printed, off my desk, photocopied it, and stashed it.

He was confronted in the meeting with management and then he proceeded to blame my manager and a few others for hiring him in the first place if they weren't technical, at which point he was advised that I, too, was in that interview and essentially that's how we were aware that he'd misrepresented himself.  So, lying, cheating and blaming until the very last moment.  Good note to leave on.  My manager's boss told him to pull his head in and walked him right about there. 

It all got pretty nasty but at least for those that'd never been involved in an incident like this before, it made it a little easier.  I know that myself and my boss were a little concerned about there being crying and guilt and stuff, but DND burned that bridge quite well.  I dunno about my manager, but I had no remorse about the whole thing by then.  Made it a little easier - on the Monday I'd have felt bad for the guy.  By Thursday, after the week I'd had with him, I'd have sat and laughed in his meeting with management.

So anyways.  Friday was a busy busy busy day.  We offered a position to the guy with no production experience (he's a configuring guy - worked for a place where they configure stuff and provide support on stuff, but never actually run their own environment.  He's turning out really well so far which is fantastic.  None of the retarded "huh?" gaping when I ask him to do stuff and he also speaks English which is a good sign.

So, from here on in, we have a change in events.  DND shall now be known as what I call him in real life: lying, cheating, stinking whore.  Stinking is just there because its a word that kinda fits in well there - not because he actually stunk or anything, and certainly not in reference to his nationality ;)

So yeah.  That's the goss from that   I've used up my spare few minutes now so I'll come back to this a bit later for any other news that I've got :)

*waves!*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home