Tuesday, 17 May 2005

Weekend of Warcraft

Yesterday, being a public holiday, Renee, me and my brother pulled out ye olde Warcraft II (Battle.Net Edition).  I think we played that for about 7 hours, which is the longest we've played it in possibly years!  I've decided its the closest I've come to taking part in a LAN and to be honest, it was a whole lot of fun :)  I don't think it'd be as fun if we were playing "normal" LAN games though

That said, yesterday I noticed Zeus (our oldest cat) being particularly subdued and kind of dragging his face through his water bowl and not eating.  Feels like he's lost about a third of his weight over the last few days too.  I feel a lot like a heel at the moment for being so wrapped up in my foot and not noticing what he has or hasn't been doing for the last few days and I'm kicking myself for not trusting our initial instincts which was to take him for a dental checkup a couple of weeks ago when we got back from Sydney.  He has this big lump on the side of his mouth and his eye's closing a bit (which I thought was a normal infection and I was concentrating on that!).

Managed to find a clinic that was open at 8am when I rocked up with Zeus.  Unfortunately however, no vet until 9.  No appointment until 9:15.  At that point I just started crying so the receptionist offered to book me in for that appointment and keep him there so I didn't have to cart him around again.  My little guy was just wrapped up in the towel in the carrier, being very sad and sorry so I said yes.  Figured I wasn't going to get in much sooner anywhere else and they seem nice enough there.

Above and beyond everything that's happened over the last few days, I already miss Batty.  Now that we can spend long weekends together as well, I notice a whole lot more when we're not together.  I'd give everything back to be able to spend time with Renee all day every day :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home