Pink Ribbons and Freezing People
Today was the 2009 WIMA Pink Ribbon Ride, and also the first time I've been on a group ride of any great size for ... mm ever on my Street Triple. Last group rides I did were on my VTR250. As nervous as I was, from a riding perspective, I think I did a fairly good job - probably better than I did previously, if not as confident.
It's also one of the first group rides I've been on where the ridingSA turnout has been a sight to behold amongst so many other groups of riders :) I'm incredibly thankful they were there. With how cold it was on the ride, I was keen when I got to the final stop (and even at some points before we even got there) to just turn around and go home.
Instead, I waited around with the guys for us all to warm up and get back on the bikes when the sun came out and we went for a defrosting coffee and cake at the Gawler coffee night location :D Really happy I did so because I felt safer waiting for them and then more comfortable to finish up the ride through the 'burbs back home :)
Next stop, the 2009 MRA Toy Run :D

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home