"our songs"
Every couple has "their songs" - whether or not people admit it, there's always songs that remind you of each other, or a moment or whatever. You know how it is :)
The other day I was listening to "even when I'm sleeping" by leonardo's bride and it actually brought tears to my eyes remembering the moment that I remember that song for :) If ever there was an "us" song, that's it. And today, I'm sitting here listening to Slide by the GooGoo Dolls.
I remember getting the GooGoo Dolls CD on my birthday oooh .. can't remember what year it was but my friend Dawn was still talking to me (I'm not too sure what happened there - everything kinda changed and that made me really sad) and we were all at Bar Italia on Norton St in Leichardt eating pasta, drinking merrily .. well some people were drinking merrily :) So I open this present and its this CD and I know exactly why she's given it to me (and I'm realising how much I miss Dawn now). First chance we really got to listen to it was Renee's and my first trip back to Adelaide since we got together (March 99 so I must've got it in Jan 99).. ROAD TRIP!
By that stage things with my parents had reached some sort of standoff and there was a line in Slide that Renee and I used to laugh about. I was pretty much on my own and could be as rebellious as I wanted and that song pretty much summed it up for us so that's what I'd call our other song :)
Can't remember what number Slide was on the CD, but I can sure remember that song 7 was Renee's song and I can't count how many times we listened to it :) Was it Black Balloons? Nah that wasn't it. Maybe it wasn't even song 7. I remember the song though :)

2 Comments:
It was song 10 on a mix cd we made :)... acoustic #3
I was close! 7 rhymes with 10 :) I remmebered the "en" noise on the end ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home