those pesky customers
The last couple of days oncall have been horrid :P
We have this customer who, I swear, their sole existence on this planet is to torment everyone at my work. Lately a database server they're responsible for that runs the login section of both of their websites, has been a tad flaky. Given the history with this customer however, the finger gets pointed at a packeteer device in their network. Even when we can essentially confirm its working fine, the finger still gets pointed - as I've experienced this weekend, the finger gets pointed before they even check the server at their end now. Classy :)
So, I spent 4 hours confirming that the network was fine on Saturday and another hour this morning doing the same thing (except this time in the middle of the night) and lo and behold, neither time the packeteer caused the problem! Funny that *grin*. Lot of downtime for one server - especially when the support person for the customer doesn't answer their phone ;) Wouldn't want to be in his place in the morning.
*going back to bed*

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home