Monday, 21 August 2006

Who loves the taxman?

I do!

Once again the taxman has come through for us.  Well, more to the point, we did the right things during the year and we reap the benefits at tax time.  This year we get our new bedroom suite paid for and I get a new bag for my bike

Yay!

Other than seeing the taxman, we caught up with some other people we hadn’t seen for ages while we were in Sydney.  First is the man behind Pod who is quite possibly the most passionate man I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.  He’s the kind of guy who can get you excited about anything and to be honest, I feel so proud just knowing him.

We also caught up with some friends who’ve had a pretty rough time over the last year with cancer hovering quite closely over one of them.  Seems like he’s finally shaken it, though I bet he still has a long way to go before they’re using the magic “R” word.  You can see its taken a lot out of both of them, but they can still smile AND they’re coming to see us at Christmas which we’re very excited about

Our other big news is that we have more friends from Sydney coming to visit us – a little closer than Christmas!  So, we’ll have houseguests again at the end of this month and gosh darn, are I very excited about that indeed *grin*   Very much looking forward to showing them some of the sights of Adelaide (at least, the ones that might ever convince them to stay *laugh*).  Ahem .. can’t let out too many of my secrets

So, back at work today.  Have to say, getting up before 5am twice in four days is a little bit ..   *laugh*  but hey, I’m sure we’ll do it all again next month!

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home