Sunday, 22 February 2009

Zoom Zoom

After an epic adventure spanning about three weeks, we finally found Cody some clothes to wear to my cousin's wedding and dare I say it, she looked absolutely gorgeous today when we put it all together :) It was fantastic to see some of the rellos that I haven't seen in .. well, admittedly approaching 20 years for some of them. It's good to see the oldies (my grandparents's generation) still kicking, albeit with a few more years on them than I last saw. They're all such kind-hearted people and seeing them this little reminds me of how much I've always appreciated them and how much they shaped my childhood.


As for the cousins themselves, it's amazing how everyone looks pretty much the same, just with a few extra years on them. I suppose its the same for all of us to each other *laugh*. The other notable difference was the sheer number of kids! Looks like we're all breeding and passing on the best parts of our own upbringings :)


Today was the first day in a few that I've managed to be upright for more than a few minutes and not to be dosed to my eyeballs on painkillers. I was scheduled in for a laparoscopy amongst other things on Thursday. Everything went pretty well apparently and things should settle down in a few more days and back to what will be my new "normal" in a few months. Suffice to say there's a few procedures I had done that I never thought I'd be in the position to have experienced and I can't say I'll be rushing back for a second time. When the time comes to do it all again, at least I'll know what to expect though. And to have a few extra days off work I suspect! :P


Onwards and upwards and hopefully I can manage a full day at work tomorrow :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home