doing it myyyy way
I've got this major outage .. well, major work this weekend. Rolling out OSPF across a chunk of the network where there's currently static routing only. Big task, scary task when there's pressure to get it done, and more pressure to get it done without affecting anyone or anything.
So, before I got chicken pox, I was pretty much set to go. Plan was nice and fresh in my head and I was relatively comfortable that things would go ok. Since getting back, I'm right out of the swing of it and I feel a little more comfortable with planning every last step of it and documenting every last step of it. I figured, given the pressure and the few doubts that I have about bits and pieces, that this would be a good thing.
Apparently not. Apparently we thought we'd have a plan already and that its such an effort to have to deal with writing a plan at this stage. If I went with an overview plan and it went wrong, I'd get in trouble for not planning it well enough. Now that I'm planning it upside down and inside out, I'm getting attitude for putting in the extra effort.
I don't get it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home