Monday, 3 January 2005

lisa, its your birthday :)

My first entry using the web interface .. now that I have adsl, I don't much care about how long it takes to download and make the entry :P Plus I can't be bothered installing BlogJet on my new pooter .. that's more like it!

Lots of updating to do! I've been way slack lately, but in the same breath, way busy and way scared.

So I missed out on a job I really wanted and to be quite honest, not entirely sure why or how but it seems to be what the universe had planned for me and from what I've since heard about it, I don't care a whole lot. That's old news tho :)

DanielH resigned. Depending on who you ask, I may or may not have already known that was coming, but it affected me more than I thought it would when it did happen. Kinda hoped I was prepared but apparently not ;) I went on strike for a while but I'm such a sap that I was back working within half an hour :P Then I had everyone with their "Oh that sucks" for the rest of the day. You don't think I already know it sucks? *laugh* Yes it sucks for me because Daniel's like one of my best buddies at work, but hey .. I'm so happy that he's getting back to something I know he enjoys doing in an atmosphere that's likely to make him a lot happier :) Go DanielH!

The next day, DanielM resigned and that was funny as much as anything. Not a malicious kind of funny, just a wow factor kinda funny. DanielM I rank about as high as DanielH these days. Its always the way that as soon as you get to know and like people just that little bit more, something changes and you kinda start all over again. Was the same at my last work, so no stranger to it. That's why we're already planning to head to Canberra! :D

As if two resignations weren't enough in the Christmas/New Year period, MarkT also resigned. Now, with or without the new guy, that leaves me in an interesting situation. The only reason I was staying back in September or whenever it was, was because there was "career progression" available within the company. Since that's well and truly out the window now, I honestly don't see any reason to stick around. Even though it was more of a sideways move that I suspect someone else would have been more happy with had they got the position, it was still not support which was what I was so sick of at the time. That and a few other reasons that I choose not to mention here.

So, my new job title is way up the creek without a paddle, there's definitely no career progression now, and we're approximately fucked :P What's the only thing that'll keep Em in place? Money, of course! Wait and see where that leads us methinks *grin*

And aside from all that, today is my birthday. I turn 26 today. Fortunately, my neck is busted again so I've not looked in the mirror looking for wrinkles this year but I've had such a good not-a-holiday-season that I honestly don't care even if I did have wrinkles :P I've got my gf who loves me and gets me better presents than I could've imagined:
ipod, itrip, dock, tunedok, glowing case for the ipod, books, pooter, speakers, movie tickets, magazine, ipod socks, xbox skin, fable on xbox, fable guide, and I'm sure there's more but ohmigod! :)

So, happy to be 26. Happy to be looking to Canberra for my future (if not Sydney). Happy with everything I have, happy with everything I don't have .. mostly :) We are working on plans for what we don't have ;)

And that's about it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home