Wednesday, 13 April 2005

A person's gotta break sometimes :P

Today I did a job for someone - something that was stressed as ultra important, do it now etc etc.  In the background, there's been a few politics that centre around who I was doing this job for and why.

So I do the job.  Quicker than I told them it'd be done too.  Get over to the guy's desk to get someone lined up to check that it works, and its common knowledge at that end of the room that the politics are reigning and what I've done may not be required.  Instead, spend a day doing something different, as difficult as we possibly can be.

Me: wasted an hour doing this work if its not going to be required; an hour I could've spent getting something else that people are hassling me about, up and running.  And in the same breath people insist that sure, I'm busy, but "I bet heaps of stuff could be automated to cut down that time you're spending".  Maybe I wouldn't be spending all that time if people stopped playing stupid with stuff like this *sigh*

And of course, I got stroppy.  Then I get dobbed on.  Then I get reprimanded (in a nice way at least).  Then I get told people have questioned whether or not I'm "capable" of this job since I can get "emotional" at times.

Well is it any fucking wonder why I'm getting shitty about stuff like this??

*stomps off to do the stuff that I could've done over an hour ago*

1 Comments:

At 10:30 pm, Blogger Nan0c said...

Fuck the fucking fuckers for fucking with your valuable time!! I'd get stroppy too. FFS if you can't vent without some fucking useless cock having a cry that you had a quiet tanty, what the fuck are you supposed to do?!?!?!

I understand where you is! Reminds me all too much of a certain Japanese multinational I used to work for.

*end rant*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home