Aussies lose more icons
Australia has lost a lot this week. We’ve lost someone who made conservation and protection of animals fun – Steve Irwin. We’ve lost someone who wrote books that almost all of us read as kids, even if we don’t remember – Colin Thiele. We’ve now also lost our “King of the Mountain” – Peter Brock. Its all just a little too shocking.
I’ve heard tonight also that a bunch of stingrays have been killed near Hervey Bay in Qld - their tails cut off. I mean seriously. Whoever did it obviously cared enough about Steve Irwin’s death to have felt the urge to take it out on stingrays, but did it occur to them that it was a completely stupid thing to do that the person they were probably doing it for, certainly wouldn’t have appreciated the efforts?? It’s like the idiots who lose people to croc attacks and then want all the crocs in sight killed until they find the one that killed their friend/family member. Ditto sharks. Its just *dumb*. You go where these creatures are, into their natural habitats, and then want to kill them when they do what they do? Steve Irwin knew probably better than anyone what he was getting himself into when he went swimming with stingrays. Ignorance is no excuse for that kind of shit.
That’s what I think anyways.

1 Comments:
I agree, it's completely stupid but the problem is, most people are stupid. ;) I heard about the senseless killing of stingrays and thought, that's exactly what Irwin wouldn't have wanted! And you can't blame an animal for acting naturally. It's not like they gang up and decide to wipe out humans. *rolling eyes*
Post a Comment
<< Home