Tuesday, 23 January 2007

spam sucks

I have an email account that seems to have spread to the far edges of the known universe as far as spammers are concerned. For a good couple of months now, I've been trying to find the ideal time to shut down the account as per the suggestion from Batty, and use a different one just for a while so the spam can settle down. I swear, there's always something I'm expecting and in the meantime I'm gathering about 100 spam emails per day *sigh* :)

3 Comments:

At 5:21 am, Blogger Stacey said...

Angele's email is the same way. She gets hundreds of spam a day which is just so annoying that I don't know why she doesn't close that email account. I like using hotmail because the filter is much better.

 
At 10:25 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

May I suggest http://mailnull.com/ :)

 
At 11:29 am, Blogger emsie said...

you very much may suggest it :)

Only other thing I've started doing is using plus-addressing on virtualfrog so that if someone does resell the email address I've given them, I'll know *exactly* who it was ;) mwahahah.

Anyways .. mailnull is looking pretty good right about now ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home