Is it over yet?
Happy 1st Mother’s Day.
Or something.
We had a Tupperware party for a friend on Thursday evening, however it was slightly interrupted when Cody woke up a little out of sorts. Turned out she was swimming her way through a bed full of vomit. The locum arrived just after midnight and declared that she has tonsilitis, so another round of antibiotics and since she couldn’t keep anything down, she’s also been chugging down Hydralite at every opportunity.
By the time Saturday had dawned, I was dreadfully sick too. Beg to differ that tonsilitis is the only thing Cody has. I was so sick throughout Saturday that I only “managed” to stay out of bed literally long enough for the locum to jab me with some Maxolon just after midday. I heard Cody, at one point, no longer just crying feebly as she had been for the day before, which I took as a good sign that at least she was getting better.
Neither of us were particularly great on Sunday, but we were both bright enough to mosey on down to the play, Cat, which we’d booked back in January. It’s basically a Windmill production of the book by the same name and I was pretty impressed that Cody was much more captivated than a lot of other kids her age and older. I think we all enjoyed it, which is a pretty good effort since it was aimed at babies and toddlers.
Here we are, Monday morning. Renee was unwell overnight, so I suspect she’s now got it. I’ve had the sweats all morning and can barely stand. Cody woke up particularly unhappy – mostly because she’s hungry, I suspect. Which would be fine if she could keep anything down.
*sigh* 
Bring on our 2nd Mother’s Day!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home