A little side trip
We ducked over to Sydney on the weekend just gone for a quick getaway to catch up with a few people, and most importantly, to meet our new nephew, Sam!
As soon as I get some pictures from Batty that I can put up on here (hint hint ;) ) I'll put a few pictures up if I'm allowed. He's very small and very cute and he curled up on me and made cute little baby sleeping noises *grin*
*cough* damned babies
Other than that, we also caught up with Renee's best friend and his boyfriend (the one with cancer). They both seem to be doing pretty well, all things considered, which is good. Still very sad for them to have to go through something that nasty at such a young age but I guess the most we can really do is let them know we're thinking of them n stuff.
And on a brighter note, we also saw Skye and MD :D We stayed in snobsville with them in 5 star accommodation. My cousin tells me that what differentiates a 5 star hotel from a 4 star hotel is 24hr room service. I'm not entirely sure what differentiates 5 star serviced apartments from any other stars for serviced apartments. On the whole, the place was pretty good - I mean, it was clean enough, it had two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a decent sized tv and a full kitchen. It was just the little things that I wouldn't have paid full price for .. e.g. rough toilet paper ;)
To top off the weekend, we ducked into Westfields at Bondi Junction for lunch before going to the airport. Bloody hell, I never saw this place before it had its makeover, but I tell you what, a few coats of paint and some new flooring doesn't give people the right to be that ... stuck up :) And do you think this place had a food court? No, no, no. No food court here, oh no. They had .. a restaurant precinct. Yes. A restaurant precinct :) Go figure ;)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home