Monday, 19 December 2005

No lumps of coal here!

Last week we had our company gift-handing-out-and-beer-and-pizza afternoon before Christmas.  This is something that's happened every year, certainly at least since I started, and I suspect probably since the company began.  Our MD is fairly geeky in his own right, so it makes for interesting Christmases :)

So far, since I started here, we've received halogen desk lamps, USB memory sticks (128MB) and Logitech wireless mice, all with the company logo printed on them.  All pretty nifty gifts really :)  I much prefer gifts like these that whilst they may seem nick-nacky and dorky, they're actually quite handy.  My halogen lamp is used constantly, my memory stick has got me out of more than one bind with file transfers and my wireless mouse I actually need to replace the batteries in, thanks for reminding me

This year, I think they've really outdone themselves however.  The gifts that were handed out this year were 512MB iPod Shuffles with the company logo on them.  Now, to those that will never be happy no matter what they're given, that might seem like some shitty gift that the company's giving out and hell, why aren't they 1GB iPod shuffles, but I'm just not like that.  I have had a regular iPod for nearly a year myself now and I love it to bits (Batty even had it engraved for me!), and yet I am still really happy that I have this one too :)

Kudos to whoever thought of this year's gift

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home