Monday, 16 January 2006

when you need to rebuild ..

My laptop at work hasn't had a rebuild in *thinks* gosh, it has to be close to two years, if not a little more now.  Since its running Windows XP, my guess is that its pretty much limping along at this stage, what with additions and removals of software and the like in that time. 

My biggest problems with rebuilding are that firstly, it just takes time, time which I mostly just don't have ;)  Secondly, I like the way everything's set up at the moment - you never quite get everything back how it was after you rebuild your machine.  Thirdly is backing everything up.  Every time I back everything up, I screw something up *grin*.  Last time it was just ramming everything into a zip file, which of course corrupted because it was so freaking big :P  Once again Batty came to the rescue and found me a recovery application.  If I ever get a chance to rebuild my laptop, gotta wonder what I'll manage this time ;)

*sigh* MSN messenger is currently running at 51M of memory.  Gotta love it :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home