Just pimpin' around
I saw a really cool market research thing by AC Nielson a few weeks back, called HomeScan. Basically you get given a little barcode scanner-y-thing and you scan everything you buy and everything gets sent back to AC Nielson. The whole scanning thing sounded real cool so I decided we'd be pimping our house :P
Oddly enough, I signed up to do it, but it was Renee who was actually called out of the blue by AC Nielson and invited to take part. Either way, we got in and now we're scanning away. Set the whole thing up this morning before going shopping and came back and scanned everything and entered all the prices from the receipt.
Its a bit of a bitch to go through the receipt and mark in prices - I honestly thought it was just gonna be a scan and run thing, but nope, they wanna know how much you paid and how many you bought too. All good .. Only took a few minutes longer to scan everything while we were putting it away :) Apparently in the dead of the night this little scanner thing, whilst in its cradle, is gonna wake up, dial its master and feed the powers that be all the information its gathered about us today.
Sneaky little monster :P
Its a 1800 number, doesn't cost me anything except time and its kinda fun. Who am I to begrudge someone of a job when I can be pimpin' my household? :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home