Thursday, 24 February 2005

this bullet tastes great *munch*

I bit the bullet today and installed SP2 on my laptop.  I reboot probably once every couple of weeks or so, so last night when I brought my laptop home in case I wasn't well enough to come in to work, it was the first reboot in a while.  Could be even closer to a month.

Of course this morning, it wasn't a happy piece of poop at all :P  After a few reboots to get it settled, I noticed I had a Windows update icon.  Now, normally I read these and say "no no no" when its SP2.  Today, I didn't read it and before I knew it, I was preparing to install SP2.  I figured at that point, I may as well not cancel and just let it go. 

Installing a service pack on a machine whose CPU and memory are already through the roof, isn't a good look.  I watched the little green line for my CPU go up and down for a while.  Then I had breakfast.  And then I watched the line a bit more.  And then I washed out my bowl.  Then I stood and talked to someone for a good half hour :P  Got back, rebooted, and voila!  Happy laptop for me! :D

Gotta love it *grin*  After turning off all the shite from SP2, its perfect again :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home